Skip to main content

I’m being harassed at work by my abuser. What can I do?

October 16 2020 7:14 pm

You can ask your employer to provide you with a reasonable safety accommodation, such as:

  • Allowing leave time so you can go to court, seek assistance from a victim services organization or medical treatment, move, or take other steps to deal with the abuse
  • Allowing a flexible or modified work schedule
  • Changing your work telephone number or extension, or e-mail address
  • Keeping your home or business address or phone number confidential
  • Transferring you to a different desk, shift or work site
  • Having security or the front desk help make sure your abuser cannot come inside
  • Providing other reasonable security measures at the workplace

The reasonable safety accommodations are separate from steps you can take on your own. For more information, contact the Hawaiʻi State Coalition Against Domestic Violence. If you believe that you are in immediate danger, CALL 911.